As the saying goes, the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. Well, I’ve certainly seen that to be true when it comes to my homemade cinnamon rolls. I become the best mom on the planet as soon as they see me starting to bake these. From husband down to toddler, my men are eager for breakfast the next day!
I really don’t think there is anything better than homemade cinnamon rolls. A big, warm, gooey, frosting dripping down cinnamon roll. None of this out of a can, or plain powdered sugar on top type. I’m talking about the real deal here.
This is the closest resemblance to a Cindy’s Cinnamon Roll you will ever eat.
As soon as you pull these bad boys out of the oven your mouth will be watering. Oh. My!
Have I whet your appetite yet?
Now, these aren’t for the faint of heart. You gotta put in some real effort for these bad boys. But it is ooohhh sooo worth it! Your family will be begging you to make these over and over again. My family sure does! Whenever we have a special day on the calendar the first thing on the list to be done is Mama’s homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast. I almost don’t even need to ask anymore. Birthdays, holidays, special traditions, spoil daddy days, you name it and we are eating these for breakfast.
You can thank me later after you receive the best mom award with your troops!
Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
|1tbs dry yeast||1/4C softened butter||1/2C softened butter|
|1C warm milk||1C brown sugar||1 1/2C powered sugar|
|1/3C white suagr||3tbs cinnamon||1oz cream cheese|
|1/2C melted butter||2tbs whipping cream|
|1tsp salt||1tsp vanilla|
|2 eggs||pinch of salt|
1. Dissolve yeast in warm milk
2. Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. Dough will be sticky.
3. Cover with a damp towel and let it rise in a warm place until it doubles in size.
*Busy scatterbrained mama tip – if you have a bread machine, put all of the dough ingredients in your machine and set it to the dough cycle and let it do this work for you!! They’re even better this way!
4. Turn out onto a floured surface. Don’t handle too much as it will become tough.
5. Roll out to 1/4in thick rectangle.
6. Spread the 1/4C butter evenly on dough.
7. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over all.
8. Roll up dough lengthwise.
9. Slice into 12 slices and place in greased 9×13 pan.
10. Refrigerate overnight.
11. Take out an hour before baking to allow them to rise again.
12. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
13. Beat icing ingredients until fluffy. Can be made the night before and left on the counter while baking.
14. Spread icing over rolls when hot out of the oven.
Something amazing happens as they cool down a bit. The icing seeps into every crevice of the rolls. Life changing goodness happenin!
Enjoy the best cinnamon rolls you will ever taste. Seriously.
You won’t believe how fast these amazing cinnamon rolls will disappear!
So go to your local grocery store, grab the ingredients, start your batch tonight and come back tomorrow to tell me how amazing they are!
Your turn! Have you tried making homemade cinnamon rolls before?