Today I have an amazing, family friendly and super easy dinner to share with you all! I love one pot dishes, especially when it involves my crockpot. Can I get an amen?
Another great thing about this meal is that it doesn’t depend on the weather. There are some complete dinners, like pot roast, for your crockpot that just don’t jive well with the summer months. But not this meal! This is one you can enjoy any month of the year.
My family prefers peeled potatoes so I do usually peel them before dicing. But there have been some busy mornings where I just scrub them, chop them up and toss them in. So if you’re in a hurry be sure to use this time-saving tip as well.
Now on to the recipe!
Italian Chicken in the Crockpot
*adapted from Crock-a-doodle-do
|4||Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts|
|16||Ounce||Bottle of Italian Dressing|
1. Trim the fat off your chicken.
2. Chop potatoes and carrots. (you can use baby carrots for a faster meal prep but we prefer the regular carrots.)
2. Cover bottom of the crockpot with Italian dressing. Add potatoes.
3. Coat potatoes with dressing.
4. Sprinkle with seasoning.
5. Sprinkle with cheese.
6. Pour carrots on top of the potatoes.
7. Repeat steps 3-5.
8. Add chicken. (I let my potatoes and carrots cook by themselves for most of the day and then add my chicken during the last hour due to my crockpot cooking meat crazy fast. I find that the longer the potatoes and carrots cook the better they are!)
9. Repeat steps 3-5 again.
10. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Cooking times vary on individual crockpots.
This is by far the easiest and quickest FULL dinner in the crockpot that I put together. It tastes so good that it is a favorite among my kiddos! And believe it or not, the carrots are always the first to go and we always want more. So if you have pickier kids, give these tasty carrots a try.
You won’t regret adding this one to your rotation.
Your turn! Do you love full meals in the crockpot? What is your family favorite?
This post may be linked up with any of these blogs.