Can we all just admit that the best part of apple crisp, let’s be real-any fruit crisp- is the crumb topping?
If we could get as much of the crumb topping instead of the apple then we would in heaven, amen?
You definitely need a 2:1 ratio when it comes to apple crisp. And I have just the way to ensure that it happens with every bite!
Crumb topping on the top and on the bottom! Oh yes, we did!
Double Crumb Apple Crisp
2c quick oats
2c brown sugar
1c butter, softened
10-14 apples, peeled and sliced thin
1/4c sugar mixed with 1/2tsp cinnamon
1. Combine oats, sugar, cinnamon, salt and butter until crumbly.
2. Press about 1/3 into the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
3. Spread apples over crust
4. Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Gently mix and repeat.
5. Top with the remainder of the crumb topping.
6. Bake at 350degrees for 40 minutes.
Serve warm. Top with vanilla ice a cream if you prefer it that way or simply eat it alone, the double crumb topping will blow your mind. You can thank me later.