I love to take some time here on the blog during the Thanksgiving holiday to share just a few things I am thankful for from the last year. I know many people are out and about shopping, traveling and enjoying their family but I don’t want to stay silent here at ANAWINS.
I’m going to try and not repeat too many things from last year!
1. My family. I’m so thankful for my husband and children. Every day I am reminded just how much God has blessed me when I look at all that I have. I’m thankful for their health, their growth, their smiles, and snuggles. I’m thankful for a husband who loves me, is faithful to me, encourages me, convicts me and who serves the Lord and works harder than any other person I know.
2. Our dream house! Gahhh! I can’t believe that I can even write this. I never ever thought I would write or even say those words. It was a long journey to buying our dream home, one I was very pessimistic about. But God knew I needed to feel His love for me this year and divinely allowed us to buy our dream home. I have been blessed this year and feel so spoiled by God (and my husband!)!
3. Our Chicago trip. One of this year’s big highlights was fulfilling something off of our bucket list. My husband took me to Chicago, my absolute favorite place in the U.S.! I was so excited I could hardly contain myself! We also stayed at a place that had private swimming pools in your room something we’ve always wanted to do since we don’t do co-ed swimming. It was an amazing weekend!
4. My mudroom. One of only 2 downsides of our new house was that the laundry was in the basement. For most people that isn’t a big deal but it was a big deal for me since I have some health problems that prohibit me from heavy lifting. So the thought of lifting heavy, over-filled laundry baskets down 2 flights of stairs and then up again many times a week was a big deal. My husband promised me he would build me a mudroom as soon as he could and he fulfilled his promises in October! I love the room and now I’m excited about doing laundry, which I’m sure won’t last long. Ha!
5. Our family vacation. This year we went to Cincinnati, Ohio and also into Kentucky for our family vacation. Just the fact that we were able to go on another family vacation was a blessing. Last year the kids had such a memorable, fun time in Columbus, Ohio that they really wanted to go back again. So we did! We went further out since we wanted to hit the Ark Encounter (LINK) and the Newport Aquarium, both of which are in Kentucky. It was such a great vacation, we were fortunate to get many opportunities to swim all alone in the pool since we don’t do co-ed often. We had beautiful weather and made so many new memories.
6. I couldn’t help but add a 6th! Plan to Eat, my meal planning online service. I truly hate meal planning, shopping list writing, and grocery shopping. I’ve never enjoyed it and I don’t see that changing but Plan to Eat has made me not dread the first two steps nearly as much. This online menu planning service is such a time saver. You can import your own recipes or import from the web and create a meal plan of any length and then it automatically creates your shopping list. It’s like killing 2 birds with 1 stone. Amazing. I snagged it 2 years ago now during their Black Friday sale and I definitely resubscribed this year! It’s on sale THIS weekend only for 50% off. I have tried other online meal planning sites (because I hate it so much!) and they’ve all been glitchy and more expensive. Not Plan to Eat. They have the best site and it’s so easy to use!
I hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving and enjoy this holiday season. God is so good! I can’t wait to see what will be on my list next year!