I like to call preschool and kindergarten the honeymoon phase of homeschooling. It’s fun and easy to enjoy it but in reality, homeschooling isn’t a piece of cake. It takes hard work and determination and lots of prayer. There are going to be days and subjects that make you and your kids not like school. It just comes with the territory. But that doesn’t mean we give up. We just find new things that work. Essential oils are one of those things.
Did you know that you can use essential oils during your homeschool days? Oils can help with focus, memory and even stress. We all know how stressful teaching and/or learning math concepts can be. Amen?
Diffusing essential oils where your family does school can improve your child’s work and impact everyone’s mood. Doesn’t that sound amazing?
Diffusing oils can calm your hyper child.
Diffusing oils can support memory for tests and quizzes and even help calm the anxiety that comes along for the ride.
I can’t think of an area where oils can’t help in your homeschooling.
10 Must-have Oils for Homeschooling
- Stress Away – We have to start with this one. Roll it on yourself, roll it on your kids. Diffuse it. Why? Math. Enough said.
- Lavender – A calming oil that when combined with peppermint and citrus will help support your child’s focus.
- Peppermint – An invigorating oil that can support so many different areas of school time. Focus, waking up, energy boosting, you name peppermint will be there to help support your child all day long!
- Citrus – Citrus fresh, tangerine, orange – any of these will do! They go hand in hand with peppermint.
- Vetiver– Support concentration. Combine with lavender and cedarwood for extra support!
- Cedarwood – Diffuse for help in concentration and calming.
- Peace and Calming – Kids get wild. Kids get antsy. Kids need peace and calming during school when you are in the homestretch for the day adn they just want to be done. Roll on and diffuse at the end of the school day for extra support! I simply love this oil!
- Rosemary – Help support your child’s memory during those tests!
- Grounding – Get everyone grounded during the school hours. This one is especially useful for older students who need a little extra support during those more challenging subject. Ahem, math.
- Thieves – The moment the sniffles arrive on the scene, combat them with thieves all day every day.
When you start to notice the blank stares, the looking out the window or doodling on their notebook pages then get that diffuser going. We can’t really tell what our school day will look like but a good blend to start with is the concentration or focusing oils. We all need that when the school day gets underway. But if you know you’ll be introducing a new math concept, start with the stress away. You’re the best judge on what your children need. Apparently, ours is math!
There are so many other oils that could’ve made this list, Clarity or Brain Power are great oils too. Or maybe your family needs some Joy. Wherever you are or whatever you need, essential oils could be the key to unlocking stress-free homeschool days.
Your turn! What oils do you use in your homeschool? Let’s chat in the comments below!
This post may be linked up with any of these blogs.